Sunday, November 28, 2010

cardboard piano

My grandma plays the piano beautifully. When she was little, her parents didn’t have enough money to afford a piano, so she drew a full size keyboard on a piece of cardboard and that’s how she learned-- on drawn black and white keys. She spent hours with her cardboard piano memorizing the notes and chords.

I heard that story for the first time this weekend and kind of loved it.

This is her as a teenager... with a real piano.

All in all I had a pretty amazing time in Houston visiting friends and family for the holiday and did not one but THREE shoots while I was home.

First up was my gorgeous little sister.

Then, I did a shoot with my beautiful cousin, Robyn. I only get to see her a couple times a year, so it was SO great to spend time with her!

And last but not least, my dearest friend Nicole, her husband Matt and their dog, Piper. Nicole and I have been friends since elementary school. She is basically family.

4 comments:

  1. awesome!!! all of these pics are so great!! you're so gifted.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thanks harm! so glad i got to see you!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Beautiful pictures Michelle :) Can you do your other sister next? :) I would love some great photos of her :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. yes, yes i can! maybe over christmas break??

    ReplyDelete